To make the end caps for the ankle cylinders I needed to cut styrene disks. To cut the disks cleanly I found a metal washer that was the correct diameter which I screwed through the styrene to a block of wood. I then used an X-Acto knife to cut out the disk.
Here are the finished disks. The hole in the middle will be covered by the tabs that go on the end on the cylinder.
To make the tabs I started with a piece of oak cut to the correct height and width, I then cut the individual pieces to the correct length. To get the angle and round over on the end I use my small belt sander.
Here is the end cap with everything glues together.