Saturday, September 29, 2018

Battery Box Harness Part 1


There are two battery box harnesses on each battery box as shown below. Like a lot of the other parts I made these out of wood.

20180929_081145

They were build around a central shaft that was simply a rectangular piece of hardwood. I started by cutting four of these to the correct dimensions. Next is the larger part at the top. To make this I started with a piece of MDF cut to he correct height and width, and long enough to make all four pieces. I used the router table to cut a groove down the center which will fit over the center shaft.

DSC01883


Next I cut the four pieces to length and marked up where the angles need to be.

DSC01881

Instead of trying to cut the angles I made them on my mini belt sander.

DSC01887


Here is a look at the final piece

DSC01886


Attached to the front of this piece is a little faceted rectangle. I started this with some rectangular pieces of hardwood.

DSC01910


I used the belt sander to create the angled on the edges.

DSC01911a


Since this part overlaps the angled section I needed a small wedge to fill that area in.

DSC01911b


Here is what these parts look like when assembled.

DSC01909

No comments:

Post a Comment