Saturday, October 6, 2018

Battery Box Harness Part 2

The next part of the battery box harness to make is the hinge at the top. I started by cutting some templates for the shape of the hinge pieces.

DSC01895


I started with a piece of hardwood cut to the rough dimensions of the final part and long enough to make all four copies of the part. I then traced the template on the wood being sure to also mark the center of the hole.

DSC01889


Before making any of the cuts I drilled the hole through the part.

DSC01891


Next I cut the rough shape using a jigsaw.

DSC01898


I then used my mini belt sander and files to clean up the cuts.

DSC01899


Next I used a second template to layout the fork shape on the end of the part.

DSC01900


I used a bandsaw to cut the fork.

DSC01901


The bandsaw doesn’t leave the bottom of the cut very clean, so I cleaned it up with a file.

DSC01902


Here is the finished piece.

DSC01903

No comments:

Post a Comment