Friday, May 22, 2015

Frame Bottom Plate Part 5


So far I have cut the small slots for the uprights, the large slots for the side plates and the two narrow clearance cuts around the edge. The next step was to cut the large clearance pockets around the edge. I handled these pretty much the same way as the large slots for the side plates, using a router with a 3/4” bit and 1” guide collar. I screwed strips of MDF around the slots to act as a guide for the router and just plowed out the area in between the guides.
DSC00879
I decided not to cut out the center park of the plate until I decide how I am going to mount the center leg. Now that all the cuts are made I scrapped off the template, patched the screw holes from where I attached the router guide block, and finally sanded everything to complete the bottom plate.
DSC00945

No comments:

Post a Comment