Sunday, May 17, 2015

Frame Bottom Plate Part 3


The next slots I cut on the bottom plate were the two along the edges starting at ‘G’ and between ‘C’ and ‘B’. These slots provide clearance for body elements so the exact dimensions are not to critical. To make these cuts I went back to the router table and the jig I used to cut the outside of the plate. I adjusted the stop block so that the bit would go in to the width of the slot. I also marked the start and end of the slot on the edge since I would be making the cut with the plate upside down. The ends of the cut were a little tricky since they go in at an angle and since it’s upside down you can’t see where the bit it going, but again these cuts are not to critical. Here you can see those two cuts complete.
DSC00877

No comments:

Post a Comment