Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Skirt Part 3

The hardest part of the skirt was the curved section in the front and back. I believe I found drawings of these parts that I used to make a poster board template. I used the template to make sure it had the correct fit. Once the fit was correct I cut the parts out of styrene.


I used glue and a pneumatic stapler to attach one end of the styrene to the mounting strip that I had attached to the wood side. The strip allowed the styrene to be mounted flush with the wood on the side.


I played around with a lot of different adhesives while building my droid and I found the the white Gorilla Glue worked really good for attaching styrene to wood. 



I wrapped the piece around and used some small brad nails to attach it to the block on the other side as well as the middle blocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment