Sunday, February 24, 2019

Under Shoulder Detail Part 2

The part of the shoulder detail is the smaller cylinder. Due to it’s size I decided to make more then one at a time.I started with a dowel of the correct finished diameter and marked of where the cuts need to be made for each part.

DSC02341

I mounted this in the lathe and marked the lines all the way around.

DSC02342

I used the lathe to cut the low areas on the end of each part. The raised area will become knurling.

DSC02343

Once the lathe work was done I cut the pieces to their finished length.

DSC02344

To make the knurling I used the same technique as the large cylinder. I drilled a hole through the part so I could mount it on this jig to make the grooves.

DSC02346

Here is the part with the knurling complete.

DSC02347

No comments:

Post a Comment