Friday, September 3, 2021

Dome Lights Part 1

The first electronic elements I added to R2 were the dome lights. I got an early start on these since I needed to figure out how I was going to mount them in the dome. 

There were initially five lighting elements I worked on. On the front are the two rectangular Front Logic Displays and the round Front Processor Status Indicator.


On the back if the rectangular Read Logic Display and another round Processor Status Indicator.


For the lights I used the Teeces dome light system. Here are two good links that describe this system:


On the Astromech.net message boards you can usually find people selling pre-assembled units, our you can buy the parts and assemble them yourself which is what I did. I will cover that more in future posts. 

The blank PCB's can be bought here:


I also purchased the bezels from this parts run:


These were the key components I needed to determine how I was going to mount them in the dome.


No comments:

Post a Comment