Monday, July 5, 2021

Dome Part 2


To assemble the dome I used the Flex-I-File liquid glue. I drilled some holes in the inner layer so they would be under the larger sections of the outer skin and the used the glue in these holes and around the edges to secure the layers together. 



The the bottom of the dome is a band that is painted blue. The tricky part of this is that it is hard to paint once in place, but once the bottom ring is attached there is no way to get the band on in one piece. I decided to paint everything first. Once painted I scrapped some of the paint off the dome ring so it I could get a good glue joint. I installed the blue band and then glued on the ring. 



There isn't much gluing surface on the bottom edge of the dome, so I also added a couple piece of scrap styrene around the inside of the dome to re-enforce it. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment