Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Octagon Port Part 1

I built the octagon port from scratch from styrene and wood. I started by printing a template for the back from the plans. My original plan was to cut out the template and then trace it onto the styrene, but it turned out to be easier to use spray adhesive to attach the template.


Using the template I cut out the slots in the back with an X-Acto knife.


I used files and emery boards to clean up the edges, and then removed the template.


I used the plans again to cut the side piece. Remember that the top and bottom have to be curved to fit the contour of the body. I glued the sited together and to the back and used to tape to hold everything together while it dried.


Finally I cut the corner pieces to fit. Like the top and bottom these all needed to be curved to fit the contour of the body.



No comments:

Post a Comment