Saturday, August 8, 2015

Leg Structure Part 3

 

In my last post I showed how I cut out the three main pieces of each leg. In this post I will cover a few more of the details of the leg body.DSC00954

The first thing thing that needs to be done is to cut the point off the middle and inside layers of the leg, leaving only the outside full length. I did this by simply measuring the length and then cutting it off on a miter saw.

DSC01204

Next, two small layers of the ankle need to be made. The outside layer, on the left, is made out of 1/2” plywood. The inside layer, on the right, is only 1/4” thick so I made it from a piece of MDF. I could have cut these on the router table like the other layers, but they are pretty simple shapes so I just traced them from the template, and cut them on the table saw and miter saw. For the rounded end I made a rough cut on a band saw and then finished it on the drum sander.

AnglePieces

No comments:

Post a Comment